- Tech Specs
Brand MSI Product Model X299 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC Manufacturer's Warranty 3 Years
- Supports Intel Core X-series processor family for LGA 2066 socket
Chipset Intel® X99 Form Factor ATX Form Factor Memory
- 8 x DDR4-4500+ (OC) memory slots, support up to 128GB
- Quad channel memory architecture with the CPU that supports up to 4-channels DDR4
- Supports NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
- Supports AMD® CrossFire™ Technology
- 4 x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 x1 Slots
- 8 x SATA III
- 8 x SATA III, 2 x M.2, 1 x U.2
- 1 x Intel® I219-V Gigabit LAN controller
- Realtek® ALC1220 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output
Dual-Display Support USB
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) Type-A port on the back panel
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (Super Speed USB 10Gbps) Type-C ports(1 port on the back panel, 1 port available through the internal USB connector)
- 3 x USB 3.1 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) Type-A ports on theback panel
- 5 x USB 3.1 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) ports (1 port on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
- 7 x USB 2.0 (High-speed USB) ports (3 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x BIOS FLASHBACK+ button
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/ mouse combo port
- 3 x USB 2.0 Type-A ports
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-A ports
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A port
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C port
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF OUT connector
- 5 x OFC audio jacks
Integrated I/O Ports
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 3 x M.2 slots (Key M x2, Key E x1)
- 1 x U.2 port
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C port
- 1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector
- 1 x 4-pin Water Pump connector
- 4 x 4-pin system fan connectors
- 1 x Front panel audio connector
- 2 x Front panel connectors
- 1 x TPM module connector
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x Power button
- 1 x Reset button
- 1 x Multi-BIOS switch
- 1 x RGB LED connector
- 1 x Virtual RAID on CPU connector
- 1 x Thunderbolt Add-on Card Connector
Mounting Holes 9 mounting holes
Product Dimensions 12 in. x 9.6 in. (30.5 cm x 24.4 cm) Product Weight 4 lbs
MSI X299 Tomahawk Arctic Gaming Motherboard
MSI has equipped theMSI X299 Tomahawk Arctic Gaming ATX Motherboard with an Intel X299 chipset and an LGA 2066 socket to build a desktop system that supports the performance of your Intel Core X-series processor. This motherboard features eight DDR4 DIMM slots, letting you build a system outfitted with up to 128GB of memory. For storage options, eight SATA ports are available to support optical drives, HDDs, and SSDs. In addition, one U.2 connector and three M.2 slots allow you install fast PCI-based SSDs, so the system can have instant access to data.
MSI gives you the option to create a gaming system with four dedicated graphics cards linked with AMD CrossFire or NVIDIA SLI technology by offering four PCIe 3.0 x16 slots. Audio is handled by the built-in Realtek ALC1220 processor that provides 8-channel sounds through the motherboard's six audio jacks. Other ports offered are two USB 3.1, four USB 3.0, and three USB 2.0 ports as well as a PS/2 combo port and a Gigabit Ethernet port. The two USB 3.1 ports transmit data at rates of up to 10 Gb/s, and one of these ports is armed with a USB Type-C design for connecting a USB-C cable on the first try. For additional ports, USB 3.1 Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 headers provide a USB 3.1 Type-C port in the front of the case and a Thunderbolt 3 port with an optional add-on card. Furthermore, two PCIe 3.0 x1 slots allow you to add additional capabilities and ports to this motherboard.
This motherboard provides you with the tools to overclock your unlocked Intel Core X-series processor by including support for liquid-cooling solutions and offering two BIOS chips and CLICK BIOS 5, which allows easy optimizations to the memory and processor. Aside from enhancing the CPU, built-in LEDs illuminate the insides of your case, and an extension Mystic Light header lets you add optional LED strips.
Highlighted Features of this Motherboard
Cooling your PC is essential for reliable performance. We've made sure to include enough fan headers with full control to allow you to cool your system to the max.
High quality materials and smart fan optimizations contribute to cooling all essential components, which is key to making sure your system runs stable at the best performance during long gaming sessions.
MSI motherboards let you manage speeds and temperatures for all your system and CPU fans, giving you full control to set up a cool & silent system. The fan headers are conveniently placed with the most popular CPU coolers in mind.Designed to support the most popular All-In-One & custom water cooling solutions on the market. A dedicated water pump PIN header supports up to 2 amp, giving you full control of the water pump speed. A clearly marked ‘keep-out-zone’ allows for easy and safe installation and a perfect fit.
INTEL OPTANE™ READY, This new technological marvel brings game-changing performance to memory and storage devices. Allow Optane™ caching to boost your storage devices for an even faster system!
Enjoy a blazing fast system boot up and insanely quick loading of applications and games with MSI motherboards. Delivering speeds up to 32Gb/s per device using Gen3 x4, Turbo M.2 is over 5 times faster than a regular SATA III connection!
We made sure each MSI motherboard comes with enough SATA ports to connect loads of HDDs for long term storage of large files and system backups.
The technical enhancements of DDR4 Boost allow for more stability at higher memory speeds compared to other brands. Enjoy the additional boost in operational performance or when working with large video and photography files.
MSI conducts thorough memory testing with the most popular memory brands under extreme conditions to ensure your system runs stable no matter what. Our memory partners include brands like Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, G.Skill and many more to optimize memory modules, configurations and even improve overclocking.
OC ENGINE 2, This external clock generator gives you more freedom in BCLK adjustments to achieve the maximum overclock for your setup. It also offers lower jitter & power consumption resulting in a rock solid system under extreme conditions.
OC PCB, Leading PCB design and added layers allow us to optimize all traces for overclocking. Power and signal traces are isolated, resulting in higher efficiency, steadfast stability and top-notch performance.
OVERVOLTAGE PROTECTION, Prevents potential short-circuit damage to the CPU and other critical components.
- In the box
There are no Reviews for this Product
- Warranty & Returns
Warranty & Returns
Our Satisfaction Guarantee and Return Policy
Your satisfaction is our goal. Every product we sell is backed by the manufacturer's warranty, plus is also covered by the Pipertech Satisfaction Guarantee.
If a product you purchase fails to meet your needs, please review the information below and return it to us within 30 days of receipt, and we will be pleased to arrange an exchange or refund. Please note that desktop and laptop computers, and tablets, may be returned within 14 days of the original purchase date. Returns must be in a “new” resalable condition, including all manuals, components and accessories, and in the manufacturer’s original packaging. Returns may also be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
For more information regarding our Return Policy, click here